IETF Anti-Harassment Procedures

On Saturday, February 22, 2014, Andrea Glorioso wrote:
Hi,

On Saturday, February 22, 2014, S Moonesamy
In my opinion the person who is subject to harassment is a victim and not a target.  The word "target" does not convey any empathy.

Well said.

IMHO, Target is suitable term with responder and  reporter, we never no who is the real victim sometimes if no witnesses.  After investigation we get to know if target is victim. If you assume witnesses available then "victim" is the right word replacing "target" but still we need to change the other two terms.

AB