RE: Last Call: <draft-kucherawy-marf-source-ports-03.txt> (Source Ports in ARF Reports) to Proposed Standard

I don't think it's possible for software to identify correctly a case of an accidental authentication failure versus detected fraud.  If it were, then I'd agree that for the simple authentication failure case the source port isn't useful.

In the absence of that capability, isn't it better to give the investigating user as much information as possible to use in correlation of logs and such?

-MSK