Re: Is the IETF aging?

On 5/2/2012 8:11 AM, Scott Brim wrote:
Here I'm not so sure.  While retaining the basic mission statement,
IETF culture_should_  change, to fit the times and to be relevant.

While true, it should be a balancing act, between adapting methods to the times, while preserving core values.

Original core values of IETF technical work were relative simplicity of design and immediacy of utility. We pressed to get something useful working as quickly as we could and then to evolve it.

That still happens.  Sometimes.

d/

--
 Dave Crocker
 Brandenburg InternetWorking

[IETF Annoucements]     [IETF Obscurity Interest]     [IETF]     [IP Storage]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux]     [Pilates]     [Linux SCTP]     [Linux Newbies]     [Fedora Users]

Add to Google