Re: Is the IETF aging?

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 11:07 PM, Melinda Shore <melinda.shore@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I don't know what John has in mind but it strikes me that every
> so often we get a wave of new participants (as new topics and/or
> work areas are introduced) and it seems to me that it would be
> valuable if people who've been through the process a time or
> three could help mentor people who are new to the IETF but have
> drafts that have been adopted.

That happens pretty regularly.

> Presumably they can help with
> process and culture issues, as well.

Here I'm not so sure.  While retaining the basic mission statement,
IETF culture _should_ change, to fit the times and to be relevant.
I'm geezer category and I'm hoping the newer folks come up with a lot
more revolution than they have so far.  I look forward to it.

Scott

[IETF Annoucements]     [IETF Obscurity Interest]     [IETF]     [IP Storage]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux]     [Pilates]     [Linux SCTP]     [Linux Newbies]     [Fedora Users]

Add to Google