Re: Last Call: <draft-weil-shared-transition-space-request-14.txt> (IANA Reserved IPv4 Prefix for Shared Address Space) to BCP

On 2/14/12 1:50 PM, ned+ietf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Are you now objecting to that replacement text and want -14 published as
is? Do you think the document should say that the new allocation can be
used as 1918 space? If so, please explain.

Not sure how a +1 to a statement saying "I support this updated draft, and I am keen for this to be published as a BCP." can be interpreted in any but one
way, or for that matter how it can be stated much differently.

Anyway, to use different words, I would like to see the current draft approved and published as a BCP. Clear enough?

Nope. Perhaps my question was unclear. I'll try and ask my question again with different words:

Do you, or do you not, object to the proposed change that changes the text from saying, "This space may be used just as 1918 space" to "This space has limitations and cannot be used as 1918 space"? Nobody on the list objected to that new text. That new text significantly changes -14. You have stated your support for -14. Do you object to changing the text?

pr

Qualcomm Incorporated - Direct phone: (858)651-4478, Fax: (858)651-1102