Re: [ltp] Re: thinkpad-acpi release 0.24-20100220 uploaded to ibm-acpi.sf.net

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010, Jerone Young wrote:
> > with OSI=Linux, the EC doesn't actually mutes anything anymore, even if it
> > is telling you that it did it?
> Correct. Though on my X301 while it doesn't mute the volume you do see
> the mute light turn on. Proc interface does show it muted. Then unmute
> and the light turns off. But does not effect the volume in anyway.
>
> > What happens when you do press the mute hotkey in that situation?  Does it
> > mute things?
> Well it actually sends a mute key press to the OS. So linux picks it up
> and Mutes the alsa mixer or pulse audio mixer (who will then mute alsa
> mixer).

Jeez, it looks like Lenovo tried to work around a work around or something,
I don't know if we will ever have sane volume control anymore.

So far, it looks like I have to blacklist volume control if OSI=Linux is
active in the X301.  What is your firmware version?  Is it the latest?

  Henrique Holschuh