thinkpad-acpi release 0.24-20100220 uploaded to ibm-acpi.sf.net

I have released version 0.24-20100220 of thinkpad-acpi through the
sourceforge.net release system.

Patches are available for 2.6.27 to 2.6.32, at:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/ibm-acpi/files/thinkpad-acpi/0.24-20100220/

(support for 2.6.28 to 2.6.31 will be discontinued soon).

git users can get it directly from tags in:
git://repo.or.cz/linux-2.6/linux-acpi-2.6/ibm-acpi-2.6.git

This release has some bug fixes, the most important ones being to ALSA
and the ALSA mixer support, and to the NVRAM polling code.

I have pending reports that the ALSA mixer does not always play well
with the newer ThinkPads with mute-only control.  This is not a new
regression, whatever the bug is, it has been there for a long time but
people never paid attention until it become easy to use through ALSA.
I'd appreciate some volunteers to do some testing on the Lenovo *61,
*400, *500 and newer ThinkPads.

Changelog:

thinkpad-acpi: make driver events work in NVRAM poll mode
thinkpad-acpi: lock down video output control to root only
thinkpad-acpi: fix bluetooth/wwan resume
thinkpad-acpi: wrong thermal attribute_group removed in thermal_exit()
thinkpad-acpi: fix poll thread auto-start
thinkpad-acpi: R52 brightness_mode has been confirmed
thinkpad-acpi: document HKEY event 3006
ALSA: use subsys_initcall for sound core instead of module_init

  Henrique Holschuh