Re: Can udev manage /sys/class/leds

On Sat, Jan 04, 2014 at 08:38:08PM +0100, christophe leroy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've never used udev, and would like to know if it could be the solution
> for changing permission on /sys/class/leds/ attributes.

Why would the permissions need to be changed?  What would you change
them to, and what would that be based on?

> I can change permissions and ownership at startup for existing files but
> new attributes created during runtime (for instance delay_on and
> delay_off when changing the trigger to blinking) are created with root
> permission only.
> I need /sys/class/leds/ attributes owned and permitted to users of group
> 'led'.
>
> Can udev manage that ?

Yes it can tell other programs to do that, look at how the console owner
is handled by the system to give proper ownership of audio and other
device nodes when it is determined it is valid to do so.

thanks,

greg k-h