Missing SAS phy enumeration in newer versions of udev path_id

Hi,

We recently upgraded our version of udev and I saw that the symlinks under /dev/disk/by-path/ have changed since udev started using the path_id C code to no longer include phy enumeration for SAS disks. Was this change intentional? Would anyone mind if i re-create the behavior of the old bash script as we were using it?

Best Regards,
Nils Carlson