Re: how to change mac address using udev

Yes I can change MAC manually using ifconfig or other tools. But I
would like to change MAC automatically when network device is
attaching. The problem is that I have two RNDIS device which utilize
the same MAC address. The NetworkManager in Ubuntu is able to change
MAC automatically based on original MAC. But it is not the case
because I need to make some checks, e.g. change mac only if first card
is already attached and do not make anything if no card with RNDIS
driver is attached.

Udev is operate with MAC address through ATTRS{address} but I didn't
find how to rewrite this attribute:

error opening ATTR{/sys/devices/.../net/eth1/address} for writing:
Permission denied

It seems to me NetworkManager uses libudev to operate with mac, but I
can't realize how to operate with mac using udev rules.

BR,
Sasha