Persistent net/cd rules

Hi guys,

I'm working on the initscripts for Archlinux and I have a question.

We used to copy /dev/.udev/tmp-rules--70-persistent-net.rules to
/etc/udev/rules.d/ when the latter was remounted rw. However, with the
move to /run/, we needed to update this, and I figured there should be
a better way to do it. I notice that systemd does not deal with this
at all (AFAICT).

My question is therefore: what is the proper mechanism to use to make
sure that net/cd device naming is preserved after reboot? Is there a
way to make udev merge the rule files in /run with the rule files in
/etc itself?

Cheers,

Tom