Re: Questions on udev-acl rules, ACL_MANAGE + bug report

Kay Sievers <kay.sievers@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

[udev-acl]
> There is no real long-term plan to explain. It's just that stuff is
> moving all the time. There might be upcoming changes in ConsoleKit
> which require changes again. I'm not really involved in this, don't

It's a bit puzzling to read that, to be honest. "We're going to break
things, deal with it" is becoming a bit old.

> know the details, but I know people talking about new stuff.

Could the above "people" please shed some light on this?

>> Instead of duplicating the rules from libsane, I propose to also set
>> libsane_matched for SCSI scanners starting with the next SANE release
>> (whenever that happens, and I'd encourage distributors to patch the SANE
>> rules right now already).
>>
>> Would that be OK with you?
>
> Sure, sounds good to me. Just let us know, when this is generally
> available in a released version, and we can remove the rule from udev.

I'll do. In the meantime, distributors should patch this up themselves,
as we're probably months away from the next SANE release.

JB.

--
 Julien BLACHE <jblache@xxxxxxxxxx>  |  Debian, because code matters more
 Debian & GNU/Linux Developer        |       <http://www.debian.org>