Re: Add user ACLs for /dev/rfkill

Hi Bill,

> > > Kay?
> >
> > What's the use case and unprivileged user will need this? It's more
> > that NetworkManager and such will interact with that, right?
>
> The bluetooth radio itself is not necessarily a NM-managed object; it's
> managed by gnome-bluetooth or similar stacks.

the Bluetooth radio is not managed by gnome-bluetooth. It is managed by
bluetoothd. The gnome-bluetooth is just UI code. I object against having
UI code control RFKILL switches directly without proper policy and
access management in between.

> My concern about making it user accesible is it makes it harder for
> an administrator to lock down the device if the user can then just
> unlock it. But perhaps that's better done at the modprobe level
> (not that that works sanely now.)

Exactly. We can not just give a user control over all RFKILL switches.
If you wanna do that in a generic way, you better have a D-Bus enabled
RFKILL daemon that integrates with PolicyKit or use something like
ConnMan which already does this.

Regards

Marcel