Re: Multiple accelerators for one action

On Fri, 2014-04-04 at 10:02 +0300, Paul Davis wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 2:28 AM, Brian Marshall <bmarsd@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>         Another solution is to handle the key-press-event signal and
>         manually
>         check if the key press should trigger an action. This also
>         feels
>         hacky, like I'm adding a custom accelerator system on top of
>         GTK's
>         existing one.
>

> it would be hard to come up with a hackier accelerator system than the
> one builtin to GTK.
>

> my application (ardour.org) has had other issues with the accel system
> and because of the byzantine complexity of key press handling in GTK
> itself, we are slowly replacing the whole thing with our own much
> simpler system.

I wanted multiple keypresses and two-key shortcuts and
quickly-user-settable shortcuts so created my own (byzantine) keypress
handling (http://denemo.org)...
The main remaining problem is that windowing systems will steal key
presses before they get to gtk - windows for example always steals the
key that frequently has its logo printed on it.

Richard