Re: Threads

You have some major, major breakage in your code. Your entire design sounds confused. You should be using gdk_threads_* inside a JACK callback.

--p

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 9:02 PM, Craig Bakalian <craigbakalian@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I just updated to Ubuntu 13.10 and I have no support for

gdk_threads_enter();
gdk_threads_leave();

So, my app is crashing with signal errors.  I use a GtkTextView to enter midi data from a midi keyboard.  The midi keyboard sends and event to a jack callback process, which then sends a message to a GtkTextView.  And there is a thread issue because the midi jack callback is entering into the gtk_main().  So, in the past gdk_threads_enter(); gdk_threads_leave(); worked wonders for me. But, now no support.

Is there a work around for this depreciation?

Craig Bakalian