Installing GTK2 on mac

I am using a certain package in R which requires GTK2, so I managed to install GTK2 on windows computer and the package is working perfectly. I have a new mac and I am switching from windows to mac. I am having problems to install GTK2 on mac to run the
same R package. I have GTK2 in my path but the latest version of R is giving me these
erros:

Error : .onAttach failed in attachNamespace() for 'gWidgetsRGtk2', details:
  call: .Call(name, ..., PACKAGE = PACKAGE)
  error: "S_gtk_icon_factory_new" not available for .Call() for package "RGtk2"
In addition: Warning message:
Failed to load RGtk2 dynamic library, attempting to install it.
Error: package or namespace load failed for ‘gWidgetsRGtk2’

Can you please help me or any suggestions on installing GTK2 on mac.

Thanks,

Gift