Re: Re-attaching tab to notebook via "close" event

you will need to study notebooks, its tabs, how a notebook manages its children (tab names, properties, etc.) to fully understand why it behaves the way it does (your questions) since i am not privy to such details (never needed to know them myself).

only being able to reparent once sounds strange to me, this is a question of re-assignment.  why there would be a one-time limit sounds a bit strange.  perhaps the widget experts out there know something on this?  (when you say you are unable, what does that mean exactly?  what happens?  a message saying you can't reparent a second time?)

richard