Re: Detecting GSettings/dconf and GConf at Runtime

Why do you want to support both GSettings and GConf?

On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 4:15 PM, Philip Wernersbach <philip.wernersbach@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I have a GTK+ app that has options for using GSettings and GConf. The settings backend that is used must be set at compile time. I'd like to make this a runtime decision, e.g. the app automatically tries the GSettings backend, and if that doesn't work it will use the GConf backend. How can I do this? I browsed the API documentation, and I didn't find any API's for querying whether the system supports GSettings and GConf. It seems like GLib just assumes that the functionality is there, whether it is actually present on the system or not.

Sincerely,
Philip Wernersbach

  Jasper