Re: Problem compiling glib

Patrick Welche <prlw1@xxxxxxxxx>:

> On Thu, Apr 04, 2013 at 11:04:02AM -0700, Sergei Steshenko wrote:
>> Interestingly enough my self-built 'xmllint' which is a part of
>> libxml2-2.9.0 doesn't at all show dependency on 'readline':
>
> Indeed - my xmllint also doesn't depend on readline. I looked on an ubuntu
> system and found that there it did, so the original bug report made
> more sense...
>
> Cheers,
>
> Patrick

Thanks for the debugging help. I noticed how Sergei has libraries in other places besides /usr/local.

I am not familiar -rpath you mentioned earlier. Where can I find information about that?

I am going to try to recompile the dependencies a little more methodically. I'll include a build of libxml2. When I install either dbus or readline I find gdm breaks. I'll keep an eye out for locating libraries in other places and see how I can use that.

Thanks,
Chris