GTK Question

Gentle People:

I am developing a cross platform application using GTK that targets Solaris, Fedora
and of course Windows!

1) My implementation runs as expected on the native Solaris platform and the native Windows platforms, BUT when I run it on the native Fedora platform the application opens with giant buttons which are totally distorted! The implementation is built from the GTK toolkit functions taken from your webpage tutorials.

2) When I rlogin to Fedora from my Solaris machine and run the application using the setenv display Sun5:0
command I get the following error message:

Gdk-ERROR **: The program 'Ta_Bench.fed' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)'.
  (Details: serial 192 error_code 2 request_code 155 minor_code 34)
aborting...
Abort (core dumped)
Linux2%

So the question: Is this likely a coding error such that I will next fire up gdb OR
is it more likely a configuration error for GTK/X on Fedora????

Thanks for the help
BTW: You GTK Project is great keep up the good work!
Thomas Dineen