Re: Clarification of GTK/GDK locking pre GTK 4.0

>  that revert comes from a misunderstanding. the correct fix for
>  scheduling UI changes in GTK+ from a non-main thread is to use the
>  gdk_threads_add_* API.

That maybe interpreted to mean that scheduling UI changes in GTK+ from
the main thread doesn't need to use the  gdk_threads_add_* API. Need
to make sure that _any_ scheduling of UI changes in GTK+ must use
the gdk_threads_add_* API.

>  I hope I have answered your question.

It answers my question, but it will be better to have it in something
like "guidelines for GTK users" rather than in a mail message that
people may or may not see. There should be something like the "Best
Practices" page, but for users of GTK, that deal with these kind of
issues. Specifically cases where people misinterpret something like in
this case.