Re: Gtk / Cairo Question

On Thu, 2012-07-12 at 18:12 -0700, Thomas Dineen wrote:
> Gentle People:
>
>     I am planning a graphical application for plotting Stock Market
> related price
> and volume data and I have been experimenting with GTk and Cairo.
>
>     I have been going through the tutorials on both the GTK and Cairo
> Web sites
> which have been very helpful with the basics. Thank You for these tutorials.
>
>     I found an interesting example of how to draw with Cairo inside a
> basic GTK
> Window. However I would like to use a GTK Scrolled Window. Such that I can
> plot larger amounts of data and scroll the window vertically and
> horizontally!
> Is there any way to do this? Can you forward a short example?

Yes, such examples from the experts would be welcome...

I have tried doing some myself two years ago, because I did not really
found one at that time. It is done in Ruby and was at the same time a
test of the Ruby bindings for me:

http://www.ssalewski.de/PetEd-Demo.html.en

Based on that example is my tiny schematics editor -- still in pre alpha
state:

http://www.ssalewski.de/PetEd.html.en