RE: GTK2 performance issues on low-end computers running X11, but not Win32‏

An update: installed Wary 5.2.2 on the Thinkpad -> most GTK2 applications are pretty fast now, about the same as on Windows. So I suppose this is not a problem with GTK2 itself; maybe it has something to do with the way most distributions compile it?

On the other hand, Abiword on Wary is still completely unusable. I think this is because of smooth scrolling being turned on and not possible to disable... That I guess I'll have to report to the Abiword devs.

Thanks, and sorry for wasting your time!