Re: gobject-introspection and MinGW

Dieter Verfaillie wrote:
> On 15/10/2011 18:49, Earnie wrote:
>> I'm building gobject-introspection-1.30.0 with MSYS and MinGW. I'm
>> to the point of the GISCAN GLib-2.0.gir and it reports "No
>> mscvr71.dll loaded." I'm using the python.org provided Windows
>> distribution version 2.7. I had to modify the hack in
>> giscanner/utils.py at line 101 to replace('.libs\\.libs', '.libs')
>> to get this far, as well as set environment variables. Any hints
>> on how to get past the reported error?
>
> I'm terribly sorry to see you've spent 3 days on this while an
> implementation for MSYS + MinGW already exists. It still needs a bit
> of work and could certainly use a second set of eyes looking over it,
> but in the state it is now the basics work with PyGObject.
>
> I'm hosting it here until everything gets upstream:
> https://github.com/dieterv/gobject-introspection

With your additional work in dumper.py and shlib.py I managed to get
through a build.  That being said, there are additional patches that
need to occur in dumper.py.  I'll forward those to you based on your
github work.  Such things as needing to convert \\ to / and moving the
object file to the front of the command line list in _link as well as
the '.exe' instead of 'exe' ext value.

Earnie