Re: Is GTK+ 3.x 2x slower than GTK+ 2.x?

Hi,

> I was shocked by the bad performance of the tree list view from the
> beginning, so much that i'm now back to FOX toolkit.

Yes, the tree list few is probably one of the worst performing pieces
of code in GTK+.

When resizing Eclipse's main window with all its complex UI and
editors , the single project/file-tree consumes > 50% of cpu cycles.
Most of the time is actually spent inside of GTK, although someone is
tempted to think "its slow because its written in java".

- Clemens