Re: GVariant to replace GValue?

On 2011-09-06 at 18:51, Daniel Espinosa wrote:
> I'm reading about GVariant, still I don't understand all details, but found
> it equivalent to GValue and may be better on memory usage.
>
> Are you considering to replace GValue by GVariant?

no, GVariant and GValue have to fairly specific and non-overlapping set
of users.

GValue is a mutable opaque container that maps the GType type system.

GVariant is an immutable container for data serialization and
deserialization meant for storage or transmission over a wire protocol
(e.g. DBus).

ciao,
 Emmanuele.

--