Re: [gnome-db] GVariant to replace GValue?

On Tue, 2011-09-06 at 18:51 -0500, Daniel Espinosa wrote:
> I'm reading about GVariant, still I don't understand all details, but
> found it equivalent to GValue and may be better on memory usage.
>
> Are you considering to replace GValue by GVariant?

GVariant values are for constant values. You'll notice that there are no
g_variant_set_*() functions here:
http://developer.gnome.org/glib/unstable/glib-GVariant.html

But libgda is an API that lets you set values in a database as well as
read them out. So I don't think GVariant makes sense for libgda, just as
it doesn't make sense for GtkTreeView.

--
murrayc@xxxxxxxxxxx
www.murrayc.com