Re: Problem with ScrolledWindow in Windows

On 10/13/06, Ari Jolma <ari.jolma@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Ok, I misunderstood you. The coordinates that I pass to set_size_request
> may be bigger than that but the problem occurs before that. Maybe I'm
> not really understanding what you mean by expose handler?

I just checked, I get breakage if either dimension in a scrolledwindow
is > 32767, sorry for confusing things there.

I remember this being discussed a few years ago: win32 and X11 have
rather low limits on window size (thanks to their 1980s roots) and
they are worked around, as far as possible, by gdk.

The win32 backend large window hacks don't work for my app (though I
have a rather old gtk on my XP machine, I should try again) and I
guess fail somewhat for yours as well.
gtk+-/gdk/win32/gdkgeometry-win32.c has some comments about this.

(hope I'm not spreading misinformation here)

John