Gdk-Warning GdkWindow 0x12345678 unexpectedly destroyed

Hi,

After running our gtk backended application for a day or two quite
intensively, I experience strange behavior and notice the following
message (where 12345678 is a valid message).

Gdk-Warning GdkWindow 0x12345678 unexpectedly destroyed

This message is repeated about 30 times suggesting that the X resources
of the windows have been suddenly removed.

It seems that after running my gtk application on Xorg (Fedora Core 5)
the windows suddenly get destroyed, has anyone else experienced problems
such as these.  I have googled the problem but it seems no one has an
answer for these mysterious crashes.  It doesn't seem to be a memory
management issue because it only happens after a day of use and I'm
using an Eiffel to Gtk binding that handles the references properly.

Can anyone shed any light onto this problem.

Thanks for your time

Ian King