Re: GTK+ windows installer confusion

Jernej =?utf-7?Q?Simon+AQ0-i+AQ0-?= <jernej.listsonly@xxxxxx> writes:

> On 01 Sep 2006 19:30:02 -0400, John D. Ramsdell wrote:
>
> > Well then I cannot use Cairo.
>
> Oh, if you're using Cairo, then by all means, use GTK+- 2.8. The 2.8.18
> installer currently distributed includes Glib 2.10.3 (and this is what I'm
> compiling GIMP 2.3 with currently).

It turns out, that for my application, Tor's developer distribution
refers to g_type_register_static_simple, which I gather is in Glib
2.12.2, but is not Glib 2.10.3.

Here is the good news.  If I simply add this function to one of my
source files, the application works with the existing Windows
installer.  Here is what I added:

#include <glib.h>
GType
g_type_register_static_simple (GType             parent_type,
                               const gchar      *type_name,
                               guint             class_size,
                               GClassInitFunc    class_init,
                               guint             instance_size,
                               GInstanceInitFunc instance_init,
                               GTypeFlags        flags)
{
  GTypeInfo info;

  info.class_size = class_size;
  info.base_init = NULL;
  info.base_finalize = NULL;
  info.class_init = class_init;
  info.class_finalize = NULL;
  info.class_data = NULL;
  info.instance_size = instance_size;
  info.n_preallocs = 0;
  info.instance_init = instance_init;
  info.value_table = NULL;

  return g_type_register_static (parent_type, type_name, &info,
  flags);
}

John