GtkAboutDialog properties

If I create and show a simple GtkAboutDialog like this:

   gtk_show_about_dialog(NULL,
 	       "name", "The GIMP Print plug-in",
 	       "version", VERSION " - " RELEASE_DATE,
 	       "authors", (GStrv) &authors,
 	       "website", "http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/";,
 	       NULL);

it works with no problems.  However, if I derive a new class from
GtkAboutDialog, and do this:

static void
stpui_about_dialog_realize (StpuiAboutDialog  *window)
{
[...]
  g_return_if_fail(STPUI_IS_ABOUT_DIALOG(window));

  if (GTK_WIDGET_CLASS(parent_class)->realize)
    GTK_WIDGET_CLASS(parent_class)->realize(GTK_WIDGET(window));

  g_object_set(G_OBJECT(window),
	       "name", "The GIMP Print plug-in",
	       "version", VERSION " - " RELEASE_DATE,
	       "authors", (GStrv) &authors,
	       "documenters", "Andy Stewart",
	       "website", "http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/";,
	       NULL);
}

Then the properties are *not* set!  The same applies if I do this in
the object initializer.

Should this work?  gtkaboutdialog.c seems to suggest that it should.
Am I setting the properties at the wrong time?  i.e. must the object
be completely constructed before I can set properties?  I tried the
realize vfunc in case this was true, but it made no difference.

Thanks,
Roger

--
Roger Leigh