Smarter handlebars?

Hello,

I just joined this list to ask a question/ suggest a feature. Im not
sure if this is the proper place to suggest... but i was wondering if
it was possible to have a smarter handle bar for windows?

For instance... currently while I have a window loaded... ill take
firefox for example. There is alot of space to the right of the menu
bar (the bar with File / edit/ view etc.....)  Also there are other
areas and crevices with empty spaces and no purpose... And i am asking
if its possible/difficult to make the handlebar smarter... so that you
can click on these spaces and be able to drag the window.

One of the main reasons im asking is because there is a new theme
called blended here:
http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php?content=26050

which looks very nice, but from a usability standpoint suffers because
if the user clicked in the middle for instance... there is no clear
delineation where the handle bar is so they can drag the window. but
if the system was "smarter" it would know that you wanted to drag it
by clicking there... or any place that doesnt serve some other
function.

Please let me know and if anyone wants a screenshot to demonstrate
mnore precisely what im talking about , correspond!