AW: fontconfig: make does not find libraries expat and freetype

Hello,

I have compiled a pkgconfig from source (for build system of course
not for target) in ~/toolchain/whatever
And set

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=~/toolchain/whatever

then I placed a symlink to libfreetype.so.6

in ~/toolchain/whatever

but still bad luck.

I do not know if libtool is even used.

Bye