Re: [gtkextra] No text is drawn

I had the same Problem,
its a bug in gtkextra/gtkfontps.c (or perhaps deeper in the pango-library)

Line 467
 if (!g_object_class_find_property(klass, "gtk-xft-dpi")) {
   dpi = 96.;
 } else {
   /* Read the settings. */
   gint int_dpi;
   g_object_get(G_OBJECT(settings),
            "gtk-xft-dpi", &int_dpi,
        NULL);
   dpi = int_dpi / PANGO_SCALE;
 }

g_object_get returns 0.

I have put the following line in ~/.gtkrc-2.0 (outside of  any style block):
gtk-xft-dpi=100000
which solved the Problem.

Christoph Finke

----- Original Message ----- From: <romildo@xxxxxxxxxxx>