Re: Problem linking to new version of GTK+

Le lundi 01 août 2005 à 20:41 +0000, alok nagdev a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I have compiled and installed new version (gtk+-2.6.8) on slackware. I still
> had the older version 1.2.10 on and so I configured newer version with the
> --prefix=/opt option. Before installing GTK+ I installed all the required
> packages with the similar prefix option as their older versions were still
> on my system. Now I'm having a problem linking to the new version. I pretty
> much have tried all the tricks -- tried changing /etc/ld/so/conf for
> inclusion of the new library path and running `ldconfig` to changing the
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable, but all this to no avail. Following
> here are a few more details:
>
> 1. pkg-config --modversion gtk+ still shows 1.2.10 and pkg-config
> --modversion glib also shows the older version 1.2.10. Surprisingly though,
> the modversion shows newer versions for pango, atk and pkg-config.
> 2. gtk-config --cflags still includes library files from version 1.2

gtk-config is obsolete for gtk+-2.0, try using pkg-config:
pkg-config --modversion gtk+-2.0
You might have to change the PKG_CONFIG_PATH to make it find the libs
in /opt. Note that you can install both 1.2.10 and a 2.x.y in the same
directory without interferences.

> root@slack1:/usr/lib# gtk-config --cflags
> -I/usr/include/gtk-1.2 -I/usr/include/glib-1.2 -I/usr/lib/glib/include
> -I/usr/X11R6/include
>
> 3. Here's an example of whats happening when I compile the program:
>
> root@slack1:~/rv-disp-images# gcc `gtk-config --cflags` `gtk-config --libs`
> gtk_example1.c -o gtk_example1
> /tmp/ccgJXWOf.o(.text+0x4c): In function `main':
> : undefined reference to `gtk_widget_set_size_request'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> This clearly shows that its a linking problem as this function is not
> supported by versions before 2.0. I also noticed that there's only one .so
> file installed in /opt/lib directory and that is `libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0.600.8`
> for gtk+. Is this the way it should be? Am I missing other .so files for
> gtk? What have I done wrong in installing these packages? And, how do I
> resolve this problem?

Compile with:
gcc `pkg-config --cflags --libs gtk+-2.0` gtl_example1.c -o gtk_example1

Jean Bréfort <jean.brefort@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>