Re: Get rid of cursor in Label

On Sun, Jun 26, 2005 at 01:29:40AM -0700, Ben Johnson wrote:

> I'm trying to help Preben make gtk behaive what he believes it should.

I tried to explain why Gtk+ behaves like it does and why
it's good and not a bug, because I had the feeling he did
not understand he might be trying to create a problem.

Imagine following situation (your suggestion implemeted):
You select a part of text with keyboard and then decide to
select a different part of text, so you press an arrow
without Shift to deselect it -- and instead of being able to
select the other part, you find focus has moved to some
random widget and you have to move it back to the label.
Now if that isn't annoying, then I don't know what is.

> If he creates an accessibility problem, that's his problem.

Unfortunately, that would be problem of his users.

> he'll probably figure it out and fix it.

And the fix would be most likely the normal behaviour.  So
we are at the begining again: I'm trying to explain why it
behaves like it does.

> why do you feel the need to be such an ass?

Ditto.

Yeti