Re: gtk+-2.4.10 and Pango 1.2.0/1.4.0

But how do you gt Pango to build with the Xft backend?
Any hints about what Pango is looking for?

I have been looking at Pango configure scripts and don't see its test for the Xft backend. Consequently, Pango is not building the pangoxft lib.

Thanks.
Jim

Hi,

Sakari Aaltonen <sakari aplac hut fi> writes:

> './configure' for gtk+-2.4.10 fails (on a Linux machine), complaining
>
> configure: error: Pango 1.2.0 and Xft backend is required for x11 target

Pango has multiple backends and GTK+ on X11 depends on the PangoXft
backend being available. It won't be sufficient to have Pango
installed, you need Pango built with the Xft backend. You can check
for it using pkg-config:

 pkg-config --modversion pangoxft

As long as this does not return 1.4.0 or larger you don't need to
attempt to configure GTK+.

Sven

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.