Re: Changing background color of text in statusbar

Also, consider setting colours via a grkrc file rather than in your
code. As Viraj says, make an event box, set a name for it with
gtk_widget_set_name()  (maybe "status_bar"?), then in a gtkrc for your
application have something like:

style "red_style" = "default"
{
        bg[NORMAL] = "#C1665A"
        bg[PRELIGHT] = "#E0B6AF"
        bg[ACTIVE] = "#C1665A"
        bg[SELECTED] = "#C1665A"
        bg[INSENSITIVE] = "#884631"
}

widget "*status_bar" style "red_style"

Easier to program, and easier for other people to change if they don't like red.