simple question

quick question.

I know this maybe a stupid question, but when I do this:

./configure --prefix=/opt/gtk

shouldn't my package (pkgconfig) be installed in the /opt/gtk directory. after I run that command I go to the /opt/gtk directory but see nothing there. is this correct? or should i see somethign there?

Send  submissions to
	gtk-list@xxxxxxxxx

	gtk-list-request@xxxxxxxxx

	gtk-list-owner@xxxxxxxxx

The contents of this message, together with any attachments, are intended only for the use of the person(s) to which they are addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. Further, any medical information herein is confidential and protected by law. It is unlawful for unauthorized persons to use, review, copy, disclose, or disseminate confidential medical information. If you are not the intended recipient, immediately advise the sender and delete this message and any attachments. Any distribution, or copying of this message, or any attachment, is prohibited.