Strange differences with gtk and libglade

Hi,
(sorry for my bad english)

I'm learning to use gtk and libglade libraries.

I have made a simple GtkWindow manually and with glade-2.6.0 program (just .glade file to use with libglade).
In manual-window I have added a 'close-button' with this signal:

g_signal_connect (G_OBJECT (button_close), "clicked",
                      G_CALLBACK (do_things_and_exit), (gpointer) window);

and relative callback handler:

void
do_things_and_exit (GtkButton * button, gpointer user_data)
{
	/* various things */

	gtk_widget_destroy (GTK_WIDGET (user_data));

}

This code works properly (press close button: do various things and close window).

With glade program I have edited a window.glade file and added to 'close-button' property this signal:

signal: clicked
handler: do_things_and_exit
object: window

launch signals with:

glade_xml_signal_autoconnect(window_xml_glade);

but when I press close-button, just close-button is deleted and window is on again... WHY???

Last question:

How is it possibile pass a constant value with libglade?

In manual-gtk I have:

g_signal_connect (G_OBJECT (my_button_widget), "clicked",
		    G_CALLBACK (my_handler), GINT_TO_POINTER (1000));

and with libglade???

Thank you very much,
Giulio

 Sponsor:
 Telefona con Email.it Phone Card, tanti minuti di conversazione con il massimo del risparmio, clicca qui
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=2687&d=26-9