will freezing a parent freeze children widgets?

Hello,

I wanted to know if I froze a window if it will subsequently freeze the clists that are contained within it?

Why:

I have a program with multiple clists (I'm upgrading to the new treeview eventually) and I am writing to these frequently via a secondard thread.  Each time I add an element, they have to be resorted - so I freeze them of course.

To simplify the logic, I freeze all clists when I have to write to one.  I do this to decouple the interface from my data structures so that if I need to, I can move to another OS or just another widget set easily.

-Rich