Re: GLIB / Pango install

Andreas Hagele wrote:
Hi,
I'm new to Linux and try to install Gimp 2.0 onto a RedHat 9 installation
with Gnome desktop.
Gimp needs a new GTK which needs Pango which in turn needs GLIB >= 2.4.0

I can get GLIB installed without any errors but the Pango ./configure can't
find it.
The configure script fails with "glib.h" not found.

I have glib.h in /usr/include/glib-2.0

I also ran /sbin/ldconfig to 'activate' the library. But no avail.

Where is glib.h meant to be? And why does the install process not do it
right?

Below a snippet from the pango config.log file

Maybe someone can help me here.