How to limit the number of rows in a GtkComboBox ?

Hi, I would like to limit the number of rows listed in the drop down/drop up list.

For example, if I want to list only 5 entries at a time,
and there are currently 11, I would like to show 5
when the drop down/drop up list is activated.
I would also like to have a scroll bar in order to scroll down to view the next 5 entries.

Is there a way to do this ?

I have tried gtk_combo_box_set_row_span_column, but it doesn’t seem to do what I want.

Thanks.

- Melinda