Finding out the signal detail from a handler

Hi folks,

I've been looking through the GSignal documentation and source in vain
for a way to find out what detail a signal was emitted with within a
signal handler that was connected without a detail.

For example, let's say I want to connect a handler to the "notify"
signal, and perform different actions depending on which property was
changed.  Alternatively, let's say I want to print the name of the
property that was changed.

The reason I want to do this is in fact to avoid having to create lots
of small signal handlers to do similar tasks.

Is this at all possible?  If it isn't, could it and should it be?

Regards,

--
Daniel Brockman
drlion@xxxxxxxxxxxx