problem running GTK apps

Hi All,
I have crossed compiled GPSDRIVE for my hand held. when i run this i am not getting anything on my screen.
I am using matchbox-0.8.1 running on Xfbdev. It does not throw any errors also.I am using GTK2.4. I am seeing this kind of problem more often.What could be worng. Has anybody faced this problem.
Similar problem is there when i try to run abiword and minimo ,it simply comes back to prompt with out throwing error.

any help

Thanks in advance,
Ramprasad