Manual compiling

Well, I'm trying to compile GTK+ manually. My distro is Debian 3.0r1, X is
4.1.
I've downloaded and compiled all libraries needed for GTK, including Pango,
fontconfig and Xft. Still, when I configure GTK, it answeres something about
Pango and Xft backend. Still, there was a line "backends: Free Type X" or
something of that kind after configuring Pango...

The only library I haven't installed was Xrender. There's no such library in
stable Debian release, and the one from testing release depends on X 4.3, so
I cant install it. And also I haven't found any homepage of this library and
any links to its sources. So I don't know what to do and have to write this
letter in MuStdie Outlook...

Can you help me?

mailto:astarot-mailbox@xxxxxxx

--