Re: x2gpm

I have just installed Kevin Ryde's x2gpm on my Dell Latitude D510 running
Fedora Core 6.  I can't make it work.  I'm not sure whether I am doing
whatever one has to do in the X session in order to create a selection
that can then be pasted into the text session.  How about some explicit
instructions for X-morons like me?  And will control-right-button work on
my machine, or is there some other manipulation I should try?
Also I want to point out that building it needs some Xlib development
files.  Because of rpm dependencies (which turned out to be circular) I
installed libXau-devel, libXdmcp-devel, xorg-X11-proto-devel, libX11-devel
and mesa-libGL-devel.  What is actually needed here?
There are 2 compiler warnings: in function x2gpm, "window" and "display"
may be used uninitialized.
I'm eager to get this working.  Together with my hack on gpm that allows
pasting onto an SVGAlib session where input is taken by readline, it
should be quite useful to me.