Re: Difficulties with serial trackball in X(SOLVED, I believe)

On Tue, Dec 21, 2004 at 10:36:09AM -0500, alan wrote:
> I have been working on the difficulties below for a couple of days now,
> with only partial success.
	A friend looked at my XF86Config, and suggested that I change
	the "Device" line in the stanza just below:

> Section "InputDevice"
> 	Identifier	"Configured Mouse"
> 	Driver		"mouse"
> 	Option		"CorePointer"
> 	Option		"Device"		"/dev/ttyS0"
> 	Option		"Protocol"		"MouseSystems"
> EndSection

	from "/dev/ttyS0" to "/dev/gpmdata".  I did so , and now my
	mouse seems to work fine.  (The last time I had to work at
	setting up X11, the "gpm" was turned off when the X was
	turned on; now life is different, I guess)

I hope that I have not disturbed anyone too much with my previous
post, and I hope that the list administration will either suppress
both of these messages, or, if he has already passed on the previous
one, that he pass this one on as well.

Best wishes and Happy Holidays to all!

Alan

--
Alan McConnell :  http://patriot.net/users/alan
    " . . if I were to begin life again I would dedicate it to music; it