Feature request

I have an idea that would be cool for a new feature. I have a console for my
router displaying data constantly. I frequently want to copy/paste that data
onto my desktop on my workstation.

What would be cool would be if i could run gpm on the router, but instead of
having it read from a real physical mouse on that machine, have it read from a
named pipe I create. Then have a program on my desktop ship data out to appear
on that named pipe. Ideally something like x2x that emulates having more
desktop real estate off the edge of the desktop.

That way I could transparently move the mouse off the edge of my X11 desktop
on my workstation, onto the gpm space on the console of the router.
Implementing copy/paste would the next step.

--
greg