Re: How do you read large logs?

Hi Robert,

all messages for a call have the same callID and you can grep for
that. Its a bit complicated by the fact that the messages are printed
out over multiple lines, so its a job for a small Perl script or
similar. If you want to take it a step further you can do 2 passes, one
to find all calls for a specific endpoint ID and then collect all
messages for those calls in the 2nd pass.

Doing that server side would be a major hassle and imagine how
inconvenient all those trace files would be if you have hundreds of
calls at the same time.

Regards,
Jan

http://p.sf.net/sfu/arcsisghtdev2dev